– Contributed by – Winsome Coutts. Winsome holds a teacher’s certificate in education and has written hundreds of articles on self-development. Winsome is author of “Go for Your Goals”.
Goal setting for kids books, worksheets and activities will all help you to introduce this idea to your children. This can be great fun, and can make a huge difference in their lives.
It doesn’t matter if you are a parent, teacher, grandparent or friend, if you can encourage the children in your life to start setting goals at an early age, you can have a profound affect on their lives.
But why would you bother with this goal setting activity with kids? You’re busy enough aren’t you?
- In today’s information age, people are bombarded with so many choices, decisions and options. It’s very easy to get sidetracked or to just “go with the flow”.
- Learning how to set goals at an early age will give your child the tools needed to live a purposeful life. They will be able to make decisions that get them where they want to go instead of just reacting to whatever is in front of them at that moment.
- Most successful people are avid goal-setters. Pick up any best-selling book from personal growth gurus and there will be a section dedicated to goal setting. These coaches don’t consider goal setting an option, to them it’s mandatory if you want to live an amazing life.
- When you take the time to sit down and totally focus on your child, you KNOW how much they love that. This is about more than just Goal Setting, it is about saying how much you love them, and that you care enough about them and their future, that you are prepared to spend time working on it with them.
- You KNOW what an impact that will have with them. They will love Goal Setting, and feel so proud when they have written their first goal.
- Setting goals can lead to profound feelings of happiness, purpose, confidence and self-worth. Imagine your child being confident because they know that they have the ability to achieve whatever they want to achieve. Imagine how exciting the world would be to them!
Winsome is the author of a set of downloadable e-books that guide your child through the joyful steps of learning visualization, goal-setting and the Law of Attraction. Simple language enhanced with beautiful illustrations and worksheets make these books appealing and motivating.
To learn more about this fascinating guide, click here!