Candida Yeast Infection And The Metal Toxicity Connection
– Contributed by – Linda Allen, an author, researcher, nutritionist and health consultant, based on the book, “Yeast Infection No More”.
The intense existence of harmful chemicals and toxic metals in our environment, in the medicines that we take, in the food that we eat and even in our dental fillings, creates a huge challenge for our body to effectively rid itself from these toxins resulting in a vicious cycle that manifests itself in a variety of symptoms and health problems.
Among them is Candida albicans overgrowth that causes the symptoms of yeast infection to appear.
Chemical and toxic metal build up inside the body can also lead to hormonal imbalance, genetic alterations, immune system failure, poor elimination, slower healing process, skin problems, allergies and nerve and brain damage.
The presence of heavy metals in the body (led, silver, mercury) coming from food, the air that we breathe, medicines and dental fillings (contain 50% amalgam), create an acidic and anaerobic (lacks oxygen) environment that encourages candida yeast overgrowth.
When there is toxic metal overload in the intestine, the intestinal lining produces extra mucus to block metals from being absorbed into the blood stream. The problem is that this mucus creates an environment, which lacks oxygen, thus encourages bacteria and fungi like organisms such as candida yeast to grow out of control.
Moreover, candida binds to heavy metals (even in your amalgam fillings) and overgrows as the body performs a desperate attempt to protect itself against heavy metal poisoning.